Welcome, Financial Planning Students
To request an interview, please fill out our information form below.
Waltman Capital takes a team approach to serving our hundreds of clients and their families. Our team helps clients articulate their values and align their financial goals accordingly. With these values as the framework, we help our clients make informed, financially sound decisions. Our in-house investment committee supports clients by researching and locating quality businesses to invest in that protect the client’s capital and position it for growth based on the client’s time frame.
Our Internship Opportunities
We believe internships should be structured to give students a day-to-day glimpse into what it takes to work for an independent RIA firm. An internship with PYA Waltman exposes students to a broad range of roles and responsibilities. Interns are trained on both the "why" and "how" of firm operations, and then given the opportunity to carry out the responsibilities outlined below.
Personal development and weekly mentoring are an important part of the internship experience. Interns will also learn the requirements necessary for future positions and career paths within the firm
Our internships are paid, with housing provided. Dates are flexible, but our typical internship length is ten weeks.
Internship Job Responsibilities
- Complete an individualized financial planning project – you will create a financial plan for a mock client and lead those clients through a series of meetings.
- As time and interest allow, an investment management project can be layered in
- Assist in client financial plan development to include research and data entry
- Work within the firm’s financial planning software applications
- Prepare presentation materials for client meetings
- Work on individual projects to support the firm’s client service
- Compensation: $17 per hour
- Proposed Dates of Internship: Summer 2024 (housing provided)
- Firm Address: 1402 Ebenezer Road, Knoxville, TN 37922
Full-Time Financial Planning Positions
For information about full-time positions, for those graduating December 2023 and May 2024, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.