Welcome, Marketing Students
Waltman Capital takes a team approach to serving our hundreds of clients and their families. Our team helps clients articulate their values and align their financial goals accordingly. With these values as the framework, we help our clients make informed, financially sound decisions. Our in-house investment committee supports clients by researching and locating quality businesses to invest in that protect the client’s capital and position it for growth based on the client’s time frame.
We believe internships should be structured to give students a day-to-day glimpse into what it takes to work for an independent RIA firm. An internship with PYA Waltman exposes students to a broad range of roles and responsibilities. Interns are trained on both the "why" and "how" of firm operates, and then given the opportunity to carry out the responsibilities outlined below. Personal development and weekly mentoring are an important part of the internship experience. Interns will also learn the requirements necessary for future positions and career paths within the firm.
Internship Job Responsibilities
- Build brand awareness using digital and print marketing initiatives to include website, social media, email, and print ads.
- Maintain website including design and content.
- Coordinate social media and blog post schedule, obtain compliance approval and post submissions.
- Design emails to be sent to clients sharing blog posts and/or PYAW information.
- Assist with phone and front door coverage and serve as back-up to all front desk duties.
- Understand the firm’s goals for Client Experience and Hospitality.
- Understand our firm’s “why” – our core purpose – what gets us excited.
- Draft and present a Digital Marketing Strategic Plan.
- Confidentiality is imperative
- Dress: business casual – “dress for your day”
- Once weekly meeting with Jessica Ott and Bill Waltman to discuss progress and priorities
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Interested in pursuing a career in digital marketing or related field
- Computer savvy with experience using Excel
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Self-starter, takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility with a positive “can do” attitude
- High energy level, self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Effective team player with a high level of integrity
- Exhibits PYAWs values daily: excellence, trust, gratitude, and growth
- Proposed Dates of Internship: Summer 2024 (housing provided)
- Compensation: $17 per hour
- Firm Address: 1402 Ebenezer Road, Knoxville, TN 37922